20 questions to relive, reflect on, and commemorate 2013!
Its coming quickly – the end of 2013 – whether we want it to or not! For me 2013 has been one of the most transformational years; one of the most challenging and the most rewarding. There’s no way I could leave 2013 without taking stock of all the changes I’ve made, goals I’ve accomplished, moments I cherish, relationships I’ve built, challenges I’ve overcome, limitations I’ve surpassed, lessons I’ve learned, and all that I am grateful to have experienced and received.
Time to pause and reflect and let go of the old so we can be ready to embrace new dreams, ambitions, love, and adventures in 2014!
In order to start the reflection process I have been compiling questions I have come across that help to take me back to those moments of 2013 I want to capture in my mind and crystalize in my heart.
As you answer the questions, write the answers down – writing things down helps to gain clarity, and your reflections will be great to have on those days in 2014 when you are feeling sorry for yourself; like you never accomplish anything, or that nothing good ever comes your way.
So here they are – 20 questions to relive, reflect on, and commemorate 2013!
- If a short film were being made about your life in 2013, what would its title be?
- What are you most proud of? What did you accomplish? (List your wins and achievements.)
- What things didn’t go well? What would you have done differently in 2013? Why?
- How did you help others? What was your greatest contribution?
- What did you learn? (skills, knowledge, awareness, etc.)
- What were the most significant events? List the top three.
- When were you most excited about life? What were you doing? Who were you with?
- When did you feel unstoppable? What were you doing? Who were you with?
- What were your biggest challenges/roadblocks/difficulties?
- Where did you let fear hold you back from a goal you had?
- What changes have you made? How are you different now than you were at the beginning of 2013? (in all areas of your life)
- What is one aspect about yourself that you have loved this year?
- What times were you inspired? What were you doing? Who were you with?
- What times were you bored? What were you doing? Who were you with?
- What will stick with you long after 2013 has ended?
- What do you want to let go of for the New Year?
- What are you grateful to have experienced or received in 2013?
- Is there any unfinished business you want to resolve before the year-end? When will you do it?
- What are character traits and ways of being you want to incorporate more into your life in 2014? (i.e. integrity, passion, decisiveness, creativity etc.)
- If a short film were being made about your life in 2013, what would the closing scene look like?
I hope that the above 20 questions help you to reflect on 2013, and even if you don’t use these questions, I hope that you take time out of your busy schedule this holiday season to think about where you are and the journey 2013 has taken you on. Write out your thoughts and feelings. Do some journaling. Maybe write your future self a letter. And if writing isn’t your thing, consider talking with people you care about or having a reflective chat with your web cam.
Happy December to you all!
p.s. If you are a questions person and the above 20 just aren’t quite enough – try getting a little more in depth with these - 100 year end reflection questions: http://hubpages.com/hub/End-of-the-Year-Reflections-Process-and-Survey-Questions-to-End-the-Year-Mindfully